capturing colour...

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sights of Sydney

Sydney Opera House (Sydney, Australia)


Harbour Bridge (Sydney, Australia)

I don't actually live in Sydney, but I thought I'd give a shout out to my adopted homeland and post pics of a few familiar Aussie sights. These pics are from my trip to Sydney in June. These were taken during the approximately 2 hours that it wasn't raining. All my other pics were completely washed out.


Hyde Park (Sydney, Australia)

Here's a picture of the rain I talked about. In this particular shot, I got caught in the middle Hyde Park when the clouds just burst open. Without warning, it just started to pour... no sprinkling, no drizzle.... out of nowhere, it just poured! There wasn't much shelter in the park, so I took cover under a tree. Even with the tree and my umbrella, the rain was coming down so hard that I got completely soaked. Besides soaking my clothes, it also drenched my backpack, ruining my Lonely Planet guide... and worse.... my ipod... which I forgot was in there. ARGH!!!!
I'll be spending a day or 2 in Sydney on my way back home next month, so hopefully I'll get some sunshine.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home